Fitness to Plead & Suggestibility Assessments by Expert Witnesses & Psychologists In London & Throughout the UK
We provide invaluable information to the court in criminal proceedings. Our expert witness psychologists, psychiatrists and medical practitioners have extensive experience in preparing expert reports for courts - both for the prosecution and defence. Whether it is an assessment of a client’s competence to stand trial or an evaluation of underlying psychological disorders, our psychologists are able to communicate their findings in a manner accessible to the court and jury.
Fitness to Plead and Suggestibility Assessments
We stand above other expert witness practices in that our Chief Executive is trained as a psychologist and legally trained.
We can offer a wide range of assessments both prior to conviction and post conviction including:
- False confessions and assessment of suggestibility in police interviews
- Fitness to plead (including intellectual ability)
- Suggestibility - the tendency to be influenced by others and level of vulnerability
- Management of sexual offenders in the community
- Advice on the detection and management of psychiatric disorders by the police and prison services
- Criminal responsibility and compliance in people with learning disability
- Intelligence (IQ), fitness to pled, capacity to understand proceedings and capacity to predict the consequences of
- The need for an appropriate adult
- Defences of automatism
- Determining whether the offender had the intellectual ability to understand the nature and quality of their act
- Determining whether the victim had the intellectual capacity to consent (particularly in rape and fraud cases)
- Strength of eye witness testimony
- Neuropsychological assessments
- False memory syndrome
- Witness reliability
- Analysis of ABE interviews
- Assessment and diagnosis of psychopathy
- Levels of depression, anxiety, social integration and skills, trauma, past events and other underlying psychopathology and psychological distress
CPS Guidance on Mentally Disordered Offenders
The Test for Fitness to Plead
Law Commission Consultation on Unfitness to Plead
We accept funding from the Legal Aid Agency and we are normally able to see clients within a week of confirmation of funding. Reports are normally released within 14 days of assessment.
We work throughout the UK & USA.
UK: +44 (0) 208 200 0078 USA: +1 (347) 352-0051 Emergencies: +44 (0) 7071 200 344
Our head offices are located at: 180 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HF
Email: [email protected]